ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!


Destinations / Itineraries Question about lounge and going in and out of steril area

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by yaboobie, Jul 11, 2019.

  1. yaboobie

    yaboobie Member

    Likes Received:
    Hi guys,

    My wife and i will be arriving to hkg on cx early morning(8AM). My wifes next flight is econ on shandong airline leaving for mainland china at 2pm. my flight cx J leaving for sfo is past midnight.

    1. Will I be able to get her into my cx J lounge?
    2. Will i be able to come back out of sterile zone after already passing though security? Ive been through hkg so many time and honestly have gone to the lounges too much and to venture out of hkg.

  2. MidSouth Skier

    MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Do you have any elite airline status? If not I don't think you'll be able to get her into the CX lounge with you. If you have Priority Pass that may be a place you could pass the time together.
  3. David W

    David W Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    CX J only includes lounge access for the passenger, no guests.

    Marco Polo Gold/Diamond members, oneworld Emerald/Sapphire members, Cathay Lounge Pass holders allow guest to enter Cathay's lounge with you if the guest is also departing on a Cathay or oneworld partner flight.

    Only First Class passengers can bring a guest into a Cathay Lounge even if the guest is not departing on Cathay or a oneworld carrier.

    For your second question, I dont think it's easy to exit the sterile area after going thru transit security. If you need to exit and go into the city, you'd have to clear HK Immigration, not transfer security.