ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Seats on Ethiad through AA redemption

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by mi.dreaming, Jan 13, 2020 at 7:05 PM.

1. mi.dreaming

mi.dreaming New Member

Hi, I recently booked LAX-AUH-SEZ using AA miles to fly on Ethiad. When I booked, AA said I needed to call Ethiad to book seats, when I called Ethiad, they gave me the price, and I waited to get the airline incidental fee from Amex.(Fingers crossed I could Choose AA, and have AA call Ethiad.) When I called in January, Ethiad said I couldn't book seats until 30 HOURS before the flight!! There wasn't a choice to pay for them. This will be our honeymoon, so we'd like to sit together for the 21 hours of flights- any advice on how I can get either airline to hold seats for us? (Flying coach, so we can fly more!)