ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Seeing some weird QF First Availability

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Weird Qantas Avail, Dec 12, 2018.

1. I'm looking at Qantas availability on BA to try and snag 3 tix for US - Australia and came across something strange.

Searching LAX-SYD pulls up one seat in F. But if I search LAX-MEL, it gives me 5 and 8 seats in F on the LAX-SYD-MEL flights. Presumably the LAX-SYD flights are the same. Is the phantom availability or married segment logic? Wondering if anyone has any experience here

Can't seem to post any screenshots but otherwise I would...

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Do you have Expert Flyer? If not and care to share your dates we can check there.

3. Andrew Yang

Andrew Yang New Member

Yes, I do have EF. Nothing is coming up for LAX-SYD whereas one seat shows on the direct LAX-MEL Flight

The date I’m searching is Sept 16 2019. I don’t need to fly on this date but its easy to remember as its my birthday

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

I think it's probably phantom. I don't usually see more than 1 F seat on Qantas at a time, and they don't really use married segment logic.