ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Great Fares / Hot Deals Should I credit Kaligo/Rocketmiles booking to BA or AA or Etihad

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Hasan, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hasan

Hasan Reader

Hi Ben

I have some travel coming up to Europe in a month's time and I'm planning to book my long term hotel stay through Kaligo.com or Rocketmiles.com. For my stay period I can earn roughly between 80,000-120,000 miles for either British Airways Avios, AAdvantage miles or Etihad miles. I'm a non elite member with all 3 airline programs but since they amount of miles is so huge I'm willing to credit the miles to them rather than to my preferred Virgin Atlantic account since I shall earn considerably fewer miles if I credit to them. One thing to note is that even though I do have an AA account since a while, I've never actually credited any flights to that account but it's still active. If it helps, most of my travels are between India and Europe and occasionally within Europe as well as from India to Other Asian destinations such as Hong Kong or Thailand.

So in general my question is that if I wish to utilise those miles for premium cabin redemptions rather than a number of short haul economy redemptions, which account should I choose when making the booking so that I can use those miles for future first class travel or at minimum business class travel. Based on your articles over the last few years, I'm considering AA to be the best option however I'll definitely go with your suggestion.

Awaiting your kind response.