ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Should i report my SSN to the bank so that Ill get a longer credit history?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by sakura, Aug 11, 2019 at 9:32 PM.

1. sakura

sakura New Member

When i opened an account and got a credit card with BOA like 4 years ago, i did not have SSN since i was a student. After that i got SSN and I got amex credit card like a year ago. I noticed that my credit report is only showing that Amex history. I have a good history with BOA CC, should i report my SSN to BOA so that ill get a longer credit history possibly? or it does not matter?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

How were you originally approved without an SSN?

And yes, it'd be good to make sure it shows up on your report for the credit history.

sakura likes this.
  3. sakura

sakura New Member

when i had no idea about credit card, i was at BOA branch and the lady asked me if i wanted to make a credit card and i said yes. I was approved somehow there. probably because ive been using BOA account for a couple of years. I see other international students were approved without SSN as well.