ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Should one really cut up a credit card?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Nikhil Shenoy, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Nikhil Shenoy

Nikhil Shenoy Reader

https://qr.ae/TW8Uq5

I came across this link on Quora. It’s an article from Forbes about why a rewards card ought not to be used. Do you think it makes sense? Or is Forbes just writing nonsense?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

The headline is sensational (and both Forbes and Chris Elliot tend towards being ridiculous), but the fundamental advice is sound -- if you aren't informed about a product, you really shouldn't be purchasing it.

That includes everything from a smart fridge priced at 4x what a basic model would cost, to a rewards credit card that is only valuable if you understand how the benefits work in practice.

OCTinPHL, rickyw and Gia like this.
  3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

Especially true if you’re dealing with your elderly relatives. Many of my friends force products in their parents who have no concept of how to use them.

Tiffany likes this.