ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Silver Status - Delta vs. United

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Joseph Ceci, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Joseph Ceci

Joseph Ceci Reader

I want to earn two business class award tickets to Europe for 2021. I travel monthly for work and both airlines serve my non-hub airport equally. As a non-hub airport, most round trips include four segments, so I can earn silver status with either Delta or United, but not gold. Which program do you recommend focus on, and why?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

To Europe? United, for sure. Star Alliance is much easier to find two business class seats to Europe, in my opinion. Availability is pretty widespread, with low surcharges and taxes.

David W, MidSouth Skier and OCTinPHL like this.
  3. djtech

djtech New Member

I feel like United is a better program overall and you can redeem points much easier too. The benefits are quite similar but I think United Silver is a bit stronger with access to Economy Plus at Check-in, etc.

4. Sam Z

Sam Z Member

Definitely United.

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Definitely United. Way more options.

Delta just increased their award costs for US-Europe. Furthermore, DL, AF and KL are all somewhat stingy with awards. You'd have to book super far in advance. Other SkyTeam airlines to Europe are meh.