ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Someone tried to steal Ultimate Reward points

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by El Kabong, Aug 7, 2019.

1. El Kabong

El Kabong New Member

Got an email this morning telling me my 85k-point transfer request from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Krisflyer was underway and they would let me know when it was complete.

Trouble is, I didn't request such a transfer.

I called Chase, got a fraud thing started, they're going to cancel the transfer, card will be replaced, changed the online passwords for my and my wife's accounts, etc.

My question is how they were able to institute the points transfer in the first place. I logged on to the Chase website and it didn't indicate any accesses to my account other than the ones I knew I instituted. Is it possible to instigate a transfer like that on the target side (i.e. someone with a Krisflyer account tried to make it go)? I don't have a Krisflyer account I'm aware of.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

No, it would have to be initiated through your Chase account. It makes sense that they added a new Krisflyer account in your name to transfer out points. Changing the account number on established transfer partners might have raised red flags.

3. El Kabong

El Kabong New Member

But if I'm in my Chase account and I look at the "Account Protection" section that records logins with my ID, it doesn't show any logins that I don't recognize.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Could be someone within Chase. Stuff like this has been known to happen.