ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Star Alliance redemption on SQ for 2?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Geoff, May 3, 2016.

1. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Hi,

What is in average the availability for a star alliance redemption in suites on SQ?

I would like to book a redemption for me and my partner but it looks like it's hard to find availability.

Shall I wait or are there other ways or shall I opt for business instead?

I would really appreciate your insight.

Geoff

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Geoff availability can be limited for suites. If you are OK with business the best strategy is to first wait list for suites and then book J tickets. If space opens up in F you can cancel your J seats and book F. SQ change fees are very reasonable.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

4. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Hi,

Thanks for that. I know that you can get wait listed when booking award flights on Krisflyer or getting standard awards at the same but if you want to book from United or Miles and More or other star alliance partners, you don't seem to find any of those first class or suites in their online award search engines.

Is there still a way to get them or are they not releasing anything to partners?

Geoff

5. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

No longhaul premium cabin awards for partners, sadly :(

6. Geoff

Geoff New Member

So what would be your recommendation for star alliance first or business between Asia and Europe or US?

7. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Lufthansa, ANA, Thai, & Asiana are great options for First. For Business - Turkish, Austrian and EVA are great. Swiss is also pretty good for First but they limit redemptions to elite members in Miles & More. Do you have any points that can be transferred to SQ for SQ premium awards?