ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Status

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tar_00, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Tar_00

Tar_00 Reader

Hello,

As an AA Platinum and thus a One World Sapphire can you reserve priority seats on Cathay's premium economy by calling Cathay's customer service?

Thanks!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@Tar_00 -- Did you book Premium Economy? Cathay Pacific (and most international carriers) consider that to be a separate class of service, not just "main cabin with more legroom" like the US carriers.

3. Tar_00

Tar_00 Member

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for responding! I understand it's a separate cabin but looking at the seat map at expertflyer it suggests the first row has a few blocked off as "priority" seats. On a separate note, the AA website provides 110% accrual of AA miles while flying Cathay but fare bucket 'E' has an arrow next to it - but it lacks any kind of an explanation. What can be incurred from that?

Thank you!

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@Tar_00 -- Ah, Cathay Pacific blocks a lot of seats for airport assignment. If you call the Hong Kong call center they may be able to assign them for you.

I believe the ^ is intended to designate the different rules regarding Premium Economy. Not 100% certain though :/