ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status TALT Basic Econ & Star Alliance Gold benefits

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Xtina_, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Xtina_

Xtina_ Reader

I found some great flights to Europe for New Years that are basic economy. They would be ticketed by United but on Lufthansa and Swiss metal. With Star Alliance Gold status, I should be able to select seats in advance, right? I've had trouble with getting LH seats on codeshares before and I want to make sure this isn't going to be a problem. I can imagine LH isn't happy about UAL basic economy tickets so I want to check for any incompatibility beforehand.

Otherwise, Golds are still allowed free checked bags and lounge access (regular, not Polaris clearly) regardless of ticket class, correct?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time