ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating TATL Business on *A

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by David W, Jul 17, 2015.

1. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Ben/Tiffany/OMaaT readers,

How would you rank TATL business class offerings bookable using Aeroplan? I'm looking at an award for late October from JFK to Amsterdam. There is space on LOT and LH. I'm also hoping LH F space opens up for my return flights!

Thanks!
    David

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@David W -- Which aircraft is the LH space on?

3. David W

Last I checked, there was space on both the 748 and 380

4. David W

I was also looking at space for FRA-JFK. It wouldn't give me availability on the direct flight but would route thru MUC. However, when I look for MUC-JFK on the same date, it would route me thru FRA. I find that weird - is there an explanation for that?

5. Tiffany

@David W -- It might be phantom space. Have you verified with Aeroplan or ANA?

Otherwise, I would probably take Lufthansa on the two aircraft you've mentioned over LOT, unless you're booking through Aeroplan. I don't think even the new Lufthansa business class warrants the high fuel surcharges, personally.

6. David W

I found the space on Aeroplan - its the only place I've looked. I saw fuel charges around $250 a two nights ago, $450 yesterday and $490 today on LH business

7. David W

Space on Turkish opened up today. only ~$30 in taxes but its on an A330

8. Tiffany

I'd go with Turkish then! Maybe not as "polished," but the best catering of the three, and no fuel surcharges.

9. David W

Thanks for all the help!
    How often does TK open up space? Ideally, I'd want to take the flight which leaves in the evening. Do you have a seating preference on their A330/77W?

10. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

If you're by yourself, I'd go for the center section as you don't have to climb over anyone or be climbed over. The 77W's center section has 3 seats, so be sure not to get the middle one!

On my one flight with them the food and flight crew were terrific. There were 3 small children in the front cabin so the mini-cabin behind the galley would have been quieter on my TATL return daytime flight. YMMV, of course.

11. JerryH

JerryH New Member

TK releases seats randomly, ha, but usually it should be ~358 days out

I flew TK A330/77B in May (YUL-IST, IST-ORD), both are great. 77W/77B has "free wi-fi" for J pax, so I'd go for that if possible. All seats are great so it's up to you

JFK-IST-AMS may exceed or impact your return selections though due to excessive MPM/somewhat backtracking despite published routing

If there's space on SN, JFK/IAD-BRU-AMS (by train) may be an option too

12. David W

@MidSouth Skier @JerryH Thanks for both your inputs! I ended up booking the flights on TK for JFK-IST-AMS. Hopefully the 2 hour layover is more than enough to visit the TK lounge.

Tiffany likes this.