ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Through-check on QR/BA/AA

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by AvGeek, Jul 7, 2015.

1. AvGeek

AvGeek New Member

This is a long question, and many thanks to the person who answers it! :)

I am travelling from BAH-DOH on QR and then DOH-LHR-DFW on BA (DOH-LHR) and AA (LHR-DFW), on separate tickets. Ironically, the BA flight from DOH-LHR stops in BAH, but the fare from BAH was 2x more expensive, so I chose DOH instead.

I have a 4 hours in Doha between my QR and BA flights. I don't want to go through the hassle of immigration/bag claim, so I'm wondering if the QR check-in agents in Bahrain will be able to check my bags through to Dallas, despite the fact that they're on separate tickets. If so, can I (reasonably) expect my bags to arrive in Dallas? Personally, what has been your success rate in checking bags through on separate oneworld tickets?

Finally, I doubt the QR staff will be able to issue my BA boarding pass in Bahrain, but I don't think there is a BA transit desk in Doha, either. What do I do about this?

Thank you, thank you!!!