ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Tourists forbidden from entering Switzerland?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ilse, May 28, 2020.

1. Ilse

Ilse New Member

I am planning travel June 12 but found this on US Embassy in Switzerland website.

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Generally, all foreign nationals who wish to enter Switzerland and do not hold a valid residence or work permit will be refused entry
    Also heard similar restriction until June 15 at Swiss Federal Council website

United Airlines has not said anything about not being allowed to enter?
    can anyone confirm?
    Thanks,
    Ilse

2. Clem

Clem Active Member

The information on the embassy website is likely to be the most up to date, so unless you are a Swiss citizen or resident, or traveling for urgent matters that would grant you an exception, you most likely won't be let in. They aren't planning on opening borders for travelers within the Schengen area before July, so it is very highly unlikely that restrictions for the USA will be lifted by June 12th.

It is not the airline responsibility to let you know about those things, since there are many different immigration cases. You could be holding dual citizenship, etc.
    If I were you, I would cancel my trip and ask for a refund or voucher for later. Good luck!

rickyw and Gaurav like this.