ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

TSA OMG & My Luggage

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Karrie, May 5, 2019.

1. Karrie

Karrie New Member

Aloha!!

So we fly to & from Maui to Georgia every 2 weeks. UGH!! Every trip we make TSA is always in my luggage. It doesn't matter what I have. Snacks, paper work, clothes, etc., They just can't get enough of our luggage.
    I want to write a note and put it on top saying 'did you find what your looking for', or leave them some Hawaiian coffee, etc.....
    Are we the only ones that have this problem? I wish they would leave a note saying 'what made them suspicious with my mail & plans or whatever?'
    This last time they opened it up and put my magazines in a plastic bag that had my paperwork in. I know they did that because I had no need to place my magazines in the bag. I wonder if they ever drop something, or forgot to put something back.

Just annoying.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

If you've got magazines scattered throughout your luggage it may be obscuring portions of what's underneath on the scanner, especially if the magazines are thick. I've heard of folks who had a bunch of electronics cables just jammed into their luggage who got the detailed inspection less when they neatly wrapped their cords up.

That being said, I would say that 90%+ of the time when I fly out of MEM with my skis they open up my skis bag - I assume because it's not something they see that often around here. I've had issues with them not replacing my lock on the bag so I have a note on a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper in each piece of checked luggage stating "welcome to my luggage" and asking them to extend me the courtesy of replacing the lock since I do use a TSA-approved one. It's certain cut down on the loss of locks.

Gaurav, OCTinPHL and rickyw like this.
  3. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

Wires are a biggie. Another is a large flat metal object that obscures other items. And batteries.

Gaurav and OCTinPHL like this.