ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

United Club Lounge entrance [email protected] LAX

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by gary j, Jan 4, 2020.

1. gary j

gary j New Member

When I flew through LAX November 28 Auckland to Denver I was denied entrance to the United Club lounge because in early November they changed their rule (without notice) that I had be flying on United. I was flying American and Southwest. What was their rationale?

2. Markjiosef

Markjiosef New Member

They are just crazy. That shows no customer satisfaction training was implemented. The agent could simply tell you "Gary, we changed the rule last month, but since you don't know, I can let you in this time. Enjoy." That will win back customer.

Scudder likes this.
  3. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Well-Known Member

The rationale? Following Delta. And perhaps American.

https://onemileatatime.com/new-united-club-access-restrictions-2019/

When did you last use a club? This was announced over a year ago (because they were changing the terms for those who purchased club membership they had to wait a year to change the T&C's).

4. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, entirely, but to play devils advocate - United announced the change in October or November 2018. At what point should they expect that the club members have been made aware?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. Jacob McCarthy

Jacob McCarthy Active Member

United announced this change before American

6. gary j

gary j New Member

I used it over a year ago. They never provided notice to me as a Chase United Mileage Plus credit card holder that this was a change in terms. I actually read those notices when they come. I only receive two passes once a year in January.