ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

United Explorer Credit Card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Yisrael, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Yisrael

Yisrael New Member

My Chase 5/24 restriction will open up soon. I'm trying to decide if it's more worthwhile to get a Hyatt or United Explorer Credit Card. I don't fly United very often, but do fly Star Alliance. Would it be useful to have the United card? I also don't have too many chances to go to a Hyatt hotel. I already have the Chase Sapphire Reserved & IHG cards.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

You could expand your Chase Ultimate Reward options with the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Ink, etc. If you weren't aware, your points on the Chase Sapphire Reserve and any of those others can be transferred to both Hyatt and United...

3. Yisrael

Yisrael New Member

Thanks Ricky. I'm aware that the cards you mentioned can transfer points. I specifically was looking at the cards I mentioned because of the benefits they give such as priority boarding.

4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

The priority boarding would only be on UA-operated flights. That card will give you access to economy saver award space on flights that otherwise might not be available with miles. The Hyatt card will give you a free night and you can usually find a hotel whose nightly rate exceeds the card's annual fee. Of course that's only a good deal if you can actually use the free night!

OCTinPHL likes this.
  5. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I'd probably recommend the Hyatt card then, if you don't actually fly United very often. The benefits of the United card disappear pretty quickly if you don't fly them regularly.

OCTinPHL likes this.