ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Using Lifemiles to Book for Someone Else

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Alex J N, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Alex J N

Alex J N Reader

Hi,

I'm considering buying LifeMiles with the bonus that ends today, but I'm wondering whether you can book solely for someone else using LifeMiles, or whether the primary account holder needs to be on the itinerary.

Thanks!

2. Alex N

Alex N New Member

Does anyone know whether you can make a LifeMiles booking solely for someone else, or does the LM account holder need to be on the reservation?

Thanks!

3. Hamer Bastidas-Bilbao

Yes, you can use your lifemiles and redeem award tickets for someone else. I myself have done that very frequently. Sometimes I redeem tickets for me using my mom's miles and viceversa. However, I've only booked tickets for flights operated by AV (and its subsidiaries). I'm not sure if this will work for flights operated by *A partners.

No Name likes this.
  4. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Should work with all Lifemiles *A partners just fine.

The only airlines FF program where this routinely would be a problem is ANA, Asiana and Korean Airlines since they are limited to booking award for family members only.

That said there can sometime be problem with other airlines if you account gets put under a security review. Have heard of cases like this with British Airways and Air France, but never with Lifemiles.