ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Welcome to Ask Lucky!

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tiffany, Jul 26, 2015.

1. smh-CDA

smh-CDA New Member

2. smh-CDA

smh-CDA New Member

I don't know if this is something you get involved with? or can refer me to someone else ?
    I am a Canadian. My Jun 2 flight Vancouver to Sydney, AUS (Air Canada) was cancelled and, therefore, my entire 4 month visit to Australia (long-awaited!).
    I am having great difficulty getting a refund from a UK travel agent for 2 train tours in Australia (1st & last time I have ever used a travel agent instead of booking direct !)
    They will only provide rebooking by Dec-2022, which isn't realistic as I will not be comfortable getting on a 16 hr flight that soon!
    I approached JOURNEY BEYOND RAIL directly and they indicated that they may work out something, however, needed to deal with the agent not me (which I knew & understand). However, the agent wouldn't contact them to discuss options and are sticking with their own usual refund policy which is VERY UNFAIR... they have $5000 Cdn of MY MONEY which they want to keep for years until I can rebook & travel.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I would get in touch with the folks at Elliott.org and see if they can be of help. In the meantime make sure all your communication with JBR is polite. If threats of a lawsuit or such have been made, there's usually nothing the Elliott team can do.

4. Kanwal

Kanwal New Member

Hi Lucky, Tiffany, and all the other folks. I am a long time reader of this blog but this is the first time I am asking a question. I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am from India and moved to Shanghai for work in February, my family was supposed to join me in June or July but due to travel and visa restrictions imposed by China, that plan was deferred. Recently, China opened up a policy of approving visa requests for people required in China on a case to case basis. I applied for the family and the approval came. They now have to obtain a visa from India and can then come here. However, I am unable to find any combination of flights that can get them here. I understand that the situation is very dynamic and there may not be any answers available but I just wanted to check if anyone in this forum has any ideas about what flights may actually work? They have a long term US visa (B1, B2) but routing through the US given its quarantine rules may not be the best idea. Any help will be highly appreciated, folks! Thank you in advance.

5. F Marie

F Marie New Member

I'm on my fourth appeal letter to United Airlines (via UA website) requesting ticket refunds for our family's travel, scheduled December 2019. This trip had to be canceled due to my son's illness. I provided pediatrician report and lab results. I also had AIG trip insurance. UA will not reimburse me, but give me a credit for travel through December 2021. We are a family of four, I just got laid off, and cannot afford traveling regardless of another year passing. These tickets were a gift from a family member. AIG will not reimburse because they said UA has offered me a credit!!!!! Any suggestion as to who at UA to contact next?