ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

What airline does delayed notifications the best?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jeremy F, May 7, 2019.

1. Jeremy F

Jeremy F Reader

Hi Lucky,

So I’m sitting here for the last hour at the gate at O’Hare in this A321 as American has notified me of delays about 4 times so far. It’s by far one of my biggest issues with them and it’s this moment I’ve now decided to status challenge to United after July and ditch American (I live in Chicago, they do not respect their customers, and I can easily take my business someplace else.)

I’m wondering who does delays great— accurate times, doesn’t wait til the last minute to inform, and helps passengers get to where they need in the case a delay will make them miss a connection? Does one airline outshine the others?

I already did some work for you: American is terrible in this area. :)

Thank you for your consideration of my question!

Sincerely,

Jeremy

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And while it's a paid service, I can also recommend TripIt Pro. I always get their notifications before I get the ones from the airlines.