ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

What are airlines doing with aircraft used for China & Asia flying?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dale Peak, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Dale Peak

Dale Peak Reader

Hi - wondering how the US carriers are deploying the wide-body aircraft they would have normally been utilizing for their China & Asia flights?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

Hey Dale, welcome.

Some airlines are parking the planes and just not spending on the fuel required to fly them; others are re-tasking them to other routes - both domestic and international. I believe AA has up-gauged some of its flights to Japan with the 77Ws it is not using to HKG. And Lucky writes this morning that AA has started flying some 772s, 788s, and 789s on routes not previously served by wide-bodies. Check out: https://onemileatatime.com/american-777-jfk-lax/