ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards What happens to return protection items?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Reader

So I just saw on Doctor of Credit that return protection is back for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. They got me thinking, when people return those items, which are supposed to be in working order, what do the credit card companies do with them? Since they still work, I'm assuming they go somewhere for resale? But it's not like they get the same item returned to them every day, so there must be somebody or some company that is selling this stuff. I doubt it goes back to the manufacturer since return protection exists because either the point of sale or the manufacturer won't take it back. Wonder if it's like that warehouse in the South that sells all the stuff that TSA gets from the checkpoints and lost and found (or maybe the returned items go there too?!? ).