ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status What kind of risk am I taking as a Delta elite member on a 'hidden city' fare?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rob, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob Reader

Hey Ben,

I just booked an amazing $620 round-trip fare on Delta from Boston to Tokyo for mid-June. I live in NYC, and am a Platinum Medallion on Delta. The return portion of the trip is NRT - JFK - BOS. I've never done a "hidden city" fare before (and didn't even go looking for it this time). So my question is, what kind of risk am I taking as a Delta elite member if I fly the NRT -> JFK flight and then simply do not board the final JFK -> BOS leg? I'm kind of okay with not accruing miles/MQDs for this trip since the price is so cheap and I LOVE Tokyo. But could Delta freeze my FF account? Take away miles I already earned? Strip me of my elite status? I'm probably nervous for no reason, but would value your opinion. What would you do in my situation?

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Rob -- It's highly unlikely they'll do anything if you don't do this often. I wouldn't worry.