ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption When does Cathay Pacific revise seat availability?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BeeTee, Feb 15, 2019.

1. BeeTee

BeeTee New Member

I have an Alaska miles-booked Cathay Pacific flight Shanghai to LAX, with a stopover in Hong Kong. Couldn't get business class, so I'm in "premium economy," which should be ok for my return trip. Premium economy was not available for the first (Shanghai-HK) leg of the trip, so I'm booked into regular economy for that one, but the Alaska ticketing agent said that I should call later to see if the PE seats become available on the flight (if so, they can reassign my reservation to that class without charge since I've already paid for PE). My question is: when and how frequently should I call them to check on changed seat availability? The flight is four months away.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

BA's website will show CX PE space - you could check there and call AS when you see space.

MidSouth Skier likes this.