ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards When should the 50,000 (and 100,000) bonus points from the British Airways Chase Visa post?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Weymar Osborne, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Weymar Osborne

Hey everyone,

I signed up for the BA Chase Visa card last summer when it was offering the tiered $3000/50,000; $10,000/75,000; $20,000/100,00 point bonus. I completed the initial $3,000 of spend expeditiously and the 50,000 points posted as soon as the statement period during which I met the threshold closed. I also crossed the $10,000 threshold a few months later but have yet to see any sort of bonus for that post. I'm pretty sure I met that spend amount in November, so it's been four months. Do Chase and/or BA award avios for the initial spend amount and the subsequent ones differently? Maybe since the spend period is within the first year of account opening they wait until that year is up before awarding points for the $10,000 and $20,000 levels? Should I contact Chase or BA about this or should I wait until my account anniversary has passed before I make any inquiries?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I'd start asking questions now. They should have posted shortly after you met the spending requirement.