ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Industry News / Opinions Which airports are safe(r) from COVID-19 spread?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Bob Not Bob, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Bob Not Bob

Bob Not Bob Reader

Which airports require staff, vendors, airlines, and passengers to wear face coverings? Perhaps I am naive, and did fly today for the first time since December, but was surprised that CLT and GSP do not. JFK appeared to be 100% wearing masks, but I was on a 6 AM flight, so the airport was very empty. I feel safe in the air but not in the airports.

If the airlines want us to fly they should leverage their tenancy at the airports to create a safe environment for not just passengers, but also for those who work in the terminals and are more vulnerable to the spread of COVID-19 than those of us who spend an hour or so in the airport. This is especially true in states where the virus is spiking, which includes AA hubs - AZ, TX, FL, and NC.

Can you ask this question of the airports?

I did of CLT and have not heard back. GSP said their staff are required to wear masks and they encourage vendors, airlines, and passengers, but from my short time at GSP today, encouragement does not equal compliance.