ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Which business class? Singapore Airlines, Emirates or Qantas?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by tobymeritt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. tobymeritt

tobymeritt New Member

Hi I'm flying from London to singapore (return) in business class and my options are either going emirates through Dubai which would require a stop, or going direct on singapore airlines, however they have the A380 and apparently a new business class, which is better? Finally i also have the option to try qantas a380 business class. Which would be the best choice?

2. tobymeritt

tobymeritt New Member

please reply for advice, thanks :)

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

4. tobymeritt

tobymeritt New Member

5. duane

duane New Member

avoid Qantas -- they are cost cutting in the most shameful way. the food used to be out of this world, but now there is barely a morsel to eat (they call them small plates/main plates -- but they are really tapas portions with insufficient protein.
    2-2-2 configuration compared to 1-2-1 for the other 2, although the Emirates seat is quite narrow because of the mini-bar.

6. David M

David M New Member

I flew London to Singapore about a year ago Business Class on the a380, and would definitely recommend. The seats (in 1-2-1 config) are enormous, and could not fault food or service. As a side note, I then flew Sing-Syd on the 777 - First Class on this plane was the equivalent of Business on the a380.

I also flew Qantas in the other direction on an a380 in BC a few years ago. It is in 2-2-2 config, but seats are better than you would expect (Lucky has a review of this). However, as that was a while ago, I can't really comment on the soft product. I have not flown Emirates.