ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Which mileage program is best for australia/nz? AA or Delta?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by larry, Apr 8, 2015.

1. larry

larry Reader

which mileage program is best for australia/nz? AA or Delta? with delta we have 238k in wifes account and i have 114k. also have for mine spg miles. with AA have 200k in my account and another 50k soon and she has 100k. will use award we dont use now for europe and italy next time. is it 160k miles if so can we book 3 segments out of her account and 1 out of mine? you said no stopovers but can we fly into sydney and out of nz? how far in advance should we look to book? thanks.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ larry -- In practice Delta is tough to beat, given their partnership with Virgin Australia. Yes, you could book three one-ways out of one account, and one one-way out of another account. You can indeed do an open jaw. The further in advance you can book, the better, as those tend to be popular awards, especially during peak season.