ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Wife and I both have CSR - can we get CSP bonus?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by FloridaNetMan, Aug 2, 2019.

1. FloridaNetMan

FloridaNetMan New Member

Afternoon - wife and I both got the CSP with 100K offer a couple years ago. However at $450/year we are looking to swap one out - I have already transferred my 300,000 points to her.

If I cancel my card, can I apply for the CSP card with 60K bonus, since I have had the CSR for over 2 years? Or can't get the CSP bonus until i wait another 24 months from closing my CSR account?

Thanks.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I think you have to close the CSR and wait 24 months.

3. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

My wife an I each started with CSP and both received a sign up bonus, plus additional points for having an authorized user. Then when CSR came out, less than 1 year later, we each captured the 100k bonus. It was a fantastic introduction into miles and points.

Not sure if things have changed...

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

@Woodrow Things have changed - Chase no longer allows people to have more than one Sapphire branded card, unless you were grandfathered in before they put that policy in place. If you have a CSR, you cant apply for the CSP and vice versa.

@FloridaNetMan I'd downgrade one of the CSRs to a Freedom/Freedom Unlimited card and then wait to apply for the CSP. Current application rules indicate that you cant receive a bonus on a Sapphire card if you've received one in the past 48 months from either card.

If you're interested in more Chase UR points, consider one of their Ink Business cards. Even if you just have a small sole-proprietor business, you should be able to apply using your own SSN. It's something that Lucky covers in the same Chase UR Guide